NASA Ames Research Center at Moffett FieldSituated in the heart of Silicon Valley, the NASA Ames Research Center is a world-class research facility and one of the leaders in astrobiology, space aviation and computer technology. Although public tours of the research facilities are not offered, visitors can explore the fascinating space and aviation exhibits at the NASA Ames Exploration Center and the Moffett Field Museum. This 430-acre research lab and former naval air station is just one mile away.
Hours -Exploration Center: Tue. - Fri., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., weekends from noon to 4 p.m. Moffett Field Museum: Wed. - Sat., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Prices -Exploration Center is free. Moffett Field Museum is $8 for adults, $3 for kids 13 to 17, and $5 for seniors. Kids under 12 are free
- Video presentations & panel discussions
- Interactive kids programs
- Docent-led tours
- Get up close to famous military planes
- Explore interactive exhibits at the NASA Ames Exploration Center
- Pick up model planes and kits at the Moffett Field Museum gift shop
- Discover the history of Moffett Field at the Moffett Field Museum